Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kanazawa Tea Districts

One of the best things about living in Hakusan City is the convenience of Kanazawa City 3 train stops or 10 mins/30 min drive away. At least from where I live :) Ask or research anything about Kanazawa and I guarantee that you'll hear about their gardens, or specifically Kenrokuen Garden. Not gonna lie; I've been here near 9 months and I still haven't visited them but I definitely plan on going there at least once before I leave.

On one day in September, a group of friends and I went to do a bit of sightseeing in Kanazawa and ended up in one of the "Tea Districts." It has been a second so I can't remember if it was the East or the West Tea District but I've heard both are quite a nice walk. The thing about these two areas is that many of the houses are in the old traditional style and even those that have been updated or renovated keep a traditional outer appearance, along with garden, and outer wall.




Believe it or not, these are also streets open to cars. Yes, I have driven down them and, yes, they are as narrow as they look. The entire time you're praying no one is coming in the other direction. 






Nothing like ending a pleasant day of walking with some cold green tea and a sweet red bean dessert <3

1 comment: