Monday, February 23, 2015

Hanging on by a thread...

So guess what? 

I messed up. Big time. 

I think that my physical clumsiness as a kid has been slowly transforming into a kid of mental clumsiness as an adult. Grant you, I still trip over flat ground and knock things down all the time, but as I've learned to not put cups near the edge of the table and to make sure the other person has a sure grip on whatever I'm handing over before letting go, there's been a growing number of times when I've overslept or completely forgot about an important paper/train pass/etc. Sometimes I can easily correct it; people can be quite nice and understanding I've found. Other times I just have to own up and do my best to just not make it worse. 

Today I learned thaty guardian angel is still looking after me. From today to the 25th, I was supposed to ride a bus with my seminar group, enjoy a fun few days hangin out and snowboarding. All last night I imagined what I should say on the bus. I'm pretty shy around them so it'd probably be something caveman-like - *sees snow* "Ah, I love snow!" and that's it. 

Unfortunately for now, that conversation has been delayed. In fact, at 10:10 this morning, I was scared it was completely taken away from me. Not that it was anyone's fault but my own of course. I tried to stay up in order to not oversleep and consequently passes out only to be awoken by the manager saying my teacher called and was worried about why I didn't show up. 

And, I was freaking out hard. I didn't know if I had to go go straight to the economics building, although doing so would cut off any communication I could have with the group. (Thank you father for the japanese cellphone. It really came in handy today.) Eventually they got me to call student affairs and I went over to the Econ building and the student affairs and exchange program people got everything figured out and sent me on my way. 

To ride the Shinkansen, Japan's bullet train, to a place I've never been all by myself. 

Yea, we can all see how this is gonna go for the person who gets lost walking around her own dormitory

I myself don't know how this story ends. I actually just bought a bento on the Shinkansen, which is something that was on my bucket list, so I'm hecka happy. In fact, despite having to pay out of pocket, I'm really escstatic as to how this turned out. Outside I'm watching Japan quickly go from cityscape to rural. 

As long as I get off at the right station, find the right bus and then get off at the right station there, I'm solid. I think I'll be fine; I have a feeling God's got my back on this one .(^∇^)

Sooooo I'm going to go eat and I'll update you guys on the rest later! Buh-baaaai~

P.S. The bento was delicious btw. And I saw a glimps of snow and mountain. I'm excited! (≧∇≦)

No comments:

Post a Comment